A common sense would be no you shouldn’t. But there are arguments that you should if you consider the following factors:
- If you have a painkiller idea then go ahead. The idea must actually solve customer’s problems. It shouldn’t be just trying to sell something online. We need to stop thinking that life is easy.
- Starting with a blank slate could be advantageous. You wouldn’t have legacy system to worry about. You wouldn’t also have existing liabilities or commitment to fulfil.
- There will be less competitions in the market.
- It would be a good time to hire good quality staff because many of them were let go during the crisis.
- If you start small, you would’t need a lot of money to start with.
- And, you have to work with this mindset – “your job in the first year is to build something that 100 people love, rather than something that 10,000 people kind of like”
I still keep thinking. I don’t want to work for someone forever.